Saturday, January 20, 2018
Westside High School
2851 Heath Road | Macon, GA 31206
This event draws upon the exceptional talents of BCSD students; first-place winners will advance to compete at the Georgia Student Technology Competition to be held on Saturday, March 10, 2018.
WHAT SCHOOLS SHOULD DO:
- NAME THE TECHNOLOGY COMPETITION COORDINATOR: Deadline July 31, 2017.
- Click TAKE SURVEY to fill out the Technology Competition Coordinator form (SchoolWires log in required).
- Schools may have more than one Coordinator, but the person entered in the survey will be the PRIMARY Coordinator and contact person for the school. The PRIMARY Coordinator is ultimately responsible for the success of the Technology Competition at their school.
- REVIEW ALL TECHNOLOGY COMPETITION GUIDELINES: Download the Coordinator Guidelines and Responsibilities regarding school level deadlines, communications, registration, transportation and attendance HERE.
- LAUNCH A SCHOOL CAMPAIGN: Communicate with students, staff, and parents announcing the school and district level Technology Competitions. Create your own or click the below links to print district posters/flyers.
- CONDUCT A SCHOOL LEVEL TECHNOLOGY COMPETITION: Hold your school's competition no later than Friday, December 15, 2017. Only first place winners in each grade level category at each school will be eligible to compete at the District level. Review Category guidelines, descriptions and rubrics HERE. Team entries may consist of no more than two (2) students; teams and individuals compete together. Competitors at the District level may only enter one (1) project. The Technology Competition is open to all Bibb County School District students (including District Charter Schools) in grades 3-12. Any student in an alternative educational setting may compete at his/her currently assigned home school.
- REGISTER SCHOOL LEVEL FIRST-PLACE WINNERS: Complete ONLINE REGISTRATION (December 4 - 15, 2017) for each of your school's first-place winners, and submit parental permission forms to the Technology Services Department (Attention: Vicki Boatwright) no later than Friday, January 5, 2018.
- ATTEND DISTRICT LEVEL COMPETITION: Attend the competition on Saturday, January 20, 2018, and provide supervision for students not accompanied by a parent/guardian. Students must attend the competition to have their project judged. Students must bring their own computer with the project loaded.