Skip To Main Content




International Teachers

How Do I Apply?

The Bibb County School District is currently acceptingHeading 3 applications for International teachers in the areas of Math, Science, and Special Education.  To apply, visit our job openings site to see which positions are currently available and submit your application. Additionally, you will need to submit an Introduction Video to the Spark Hire platform so that our principals and other leaders can get to know you better.  Please use the following link to complete your Introduction Video:

What Do I Need for Certification?

The Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GA PSC) is like your Country’s Department of Education, Teaching Council or Ministry of Education. The Georgia Professional Standards Commission sets and applies guidelines for the preparation, certification, and continued licensing of public educators. For more information, contact Holly Huynh at

BCSD Provides the Following Forms

Application for Certification

Employer Assurance Form

Experience Verification Form

Verification of Lawful Presence

Documents You Will Need

  • Passport
  • Teaching Certificate
  • College Transcripts- Contact us directly regarding Foreign Transcript Review.  Not all agencies are approved by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission
  • An unexpired work authorization card
  • I-94 documentation reflecting the I-94 number and expiration date
  • A valid Certificate of Eligibility reflecting your SEVIS number

Relocation Resources

Macon Chamber of Commerce

Macon Works

Lifestyle Resources