Research, Evaluation, Assessment and Accountability
The Office of Research, Evaluation, Assessment and Accountability coordinates the district, state and national testing programs, data requests, research requests, adequate yearly progress verifications, district surveys, district scorecard, school benchmarking, full-time equivalent, federal impact aid, school data teams, high school waivers and variances, program evaluation and statistical research in support of our accountability programs. Our goal is to assist the Bibb County schools with continuous improvement of student achievement.
Research and Evaluation Component:
· Provides demographic, student performance, research, and planning information from numerous data sources.
· Evaluates implementation of district programs.
· Organizes and presents data in support of program evaluation and program continuation.
· Participates in external agency research projects.
· Develops and/or reviews questionnaires and surveys.
· Processes requests for permission to conduct research.Assessment Component:
· Supports the district-wide assessment process to improve student performance by establishing system testing dates and policies.
· Measures the level of student achievement on the Common Core Georgia Performance Standards (CCGPS). Provides schools with diagnostic and predictive information for identifying academic strengths and weaknesses to establish priorities in planning educational programs.
· Implements state mandated tests in compliance with state requirements.
· Implements and obtains national norm-referenced tests and national assessments to measure student progress relative to national progress.
· Facilitates and assists in the development of local assessments that identify student learning patterns and needs.
· Coordinates proctoring and administration of tests in the schools.
· Establishes test security guidelines for the school system.
· Ensures data and test scores are available in multiple formats to meet the needs of district and departmental goals.
· Analyzes and reports data and test score results to the schools, district, parents, and public.
· Serves as the contact for the state Georgia High School Graduation Test and the Georgia High School Writing Test waivers and variances.
· Provides website information to our students, parents, and public through links to testing and AYP.
· Provides support to our students and parents with Test Taking Tips through available
· Serves as system and school liaison with the Governor’s Office of Student Achievement for determination of Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) Report.
· Assists and supports the district’s schools to meet/exceed standards and interpret the AYP measures for No Child Left Behind (NCLB) now College Career Ready Performance Index (CCRPI) at federal, state and local levels.
· Assists in formulation, establishment, and implementation of system accountability plans, school benchmarks, and district scorecard to close achievement gaps between and among all student subgroups.
· Assists with the coordination of data teams and surveys to assist our schools and district with data-driven decision-making to promote student achievement.
Records Management is a division of the department which maintains records of the school system including transcripts of former students. Transcript requests from 2009 to the present are handled at the school. Please contact the appropriate high school. Transcript requests for years prior to 2009 are processed at the Board Office. The Board Office is located at 484 Mulberry Street (the Wells Fargo building), suite 265. The phone number is (478) 765 - 8600. All transcript requests are $3 each and must be paid with cash or money order.